About Me

My photo
Huntington Beach, California, United States
Sewer, cooker, full time day jobber, mom of two. Maybe if I wasn't so busy with all this I'd have time to sleep!

5.23.2007

Let's Go Ducks!

My husband has been a Ducks fan from day one. It's true! He's all about rooting on the So Cal teams, not matter how good or bad they are. So I can honestly say that I married into his love for hockey. It wasn't a sport I followed or even liked before I met him. He started me out slow with a few games a season. A few years later we found ourselves season ticket holders. It was a little overwhelming at first, forty some games in seven months. Doesn't sound like a lot at first, but when you are at the arena three times out of the week for a game, things get hectic.

We got our season tickets in 2003 when the Ducks were headed to the Stanley Cup. It was an exciting time, the Ducks were in the playoffs, and our son Owen was born. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, Owen in tow in his Baby Bjorn, we went to the Pond to watch the game on the jumbo tron. They unfortunately lost, but the ride to the finals was fun. The following year we had great seats, and a very calm, very small Owen.

Two years later we now have a very hyper, very large Owen, and very high-maintenance, short tempered Emma. We have had to upgrade to four seats, but even those seats are tight. There is quite of bit of hitting, fighting, screaming, and I'm not talking about the game itself, but between my two kids. Needless to say I pay more attention to keeping them apart than watching the game, but the kids do have fun. Everyone comments on how well behaved they are, in my head I'm wondering if they are talking about the same kids.

Jake, myself and Owen (no Emma, I would like to watch one playoff game) headed out to the Honda Center on Tuesday to watch the Ducks win the Western Conference Finals. It was a very exciting game, Owen had fun booing and chanting, and the fireworks after the win was the icing on the cake for him.

Stanley Cup, here we come!
Go Ducks Go!

Owens' reaction right after they won the Western Conference Finals.






1 comments:

DrewB said...

Woohoo! Go Ducks! Quack Quack!

Maybe someone will invite us to a game next year... hint, hint.